Create an expense with travel calculation
Currently PlanMill has a support for the calculation rules of the Finnish laws.
- Go to Expenses > Expense sheet.
- Click New Expense.
- For Type field, select Travel.
- Click New Travel Calculation.
- Add Start and Finish dates and times.
- Fill Travel route information
- If you use your own transport, select a vehicle in the Own transport field and add the possible amount of passengers.
- In case of foreign travel daily allowance claim, read more below.
Enter any provided meals on the payable allowance days.
Note: Meals you should count depend on your country and company policy. Enter meals provided for each 24 hour-period included in your journey.
- Click Save And Calculate.
- In the expense form type in Purpose, select related Project and add other Expense items.
- Add other necessary information.
- Click Save As New.
Foreign travel daily allowance claim
The travel expense calculator supports both domestic and foreign travel in the same form. Foreign journeys additionally require a border crossing to be entered.
When you enter the journey legs in the travel calculator ensure that for e.g flight destinations a distance is entered manually as the auto-fill only supports drivable destinations.
Border crossing for a flight or a ferry journey
- In the case of a ferry or flight, enter the departure time (in ticket) when leaving the country of residence, while for all other border crossings (including the return leg) please enter the arrival time.
- Enter all times in local time (system adjusts for timezone difference where appropriate).
Border crossing for a driving journey
- In the case of a driving journey please enter the actual border crossing time.
- When leaving or returning to the home country use the local time of your home country. For other border crossings use the local time on the arrival country.