How to add expense items in foreign currency
- Go to Expenses > Expense sheet.
- You can either create a new expense or edit an existing one:
- To create new expense, click Create New and click Add Item.
- To edit existing one, click the pencil icon of the expense or select an expense and in the summary click Add Item.
- In the expense item row/dialog window, enter the quantity and unit cost in the original currency.
Select the original currency.
Note: If you re-select currency to an existing expense item, the code and rate of the original currency will be lost.
Type in the exchange rate, which converts the original currency to your user currency.
Note: The exchange rate is provided in the form 1 [original currency] : X [your currency] e.g. 1 GBP : 1.143 EUR.
- Add other necessary information and click Save or Save As New.
Note: If you can’t edit an existing expense, it may have the status Accepted or Invoiced. In multi-company/multi-currency situations, the exchange rate and amount is not editable in the original currency once the item has been saved.