How to use form, summary and data table
In the form view you can create a new item and edit the fields of existing content. Required fields are marked with a red asterisk. A quick links navigation panel is on the right, likewise in the summary view. When a form is saved, you are taken to the summary view.
Form view top toolbar has two actions for saving:
- Save is for saving the current item.
- Save As New is for saving the content as a new item.
- Subject or the name of the item.
- Attachment which may contain restrictions in maximum number of attachments.
- Email notification for notifying selected receivers about the changes when form is saved.
- Related to for connecting item to related projects, requests etc.
Form contains different field types for input which are:
- Dropdown list
- Single-line field
- Multi-line field
- Auto-complete text field
Note: Fields have different maximum amounts of characters. Character counter functionality indicates if a character restriction is in place.
In the summary view you can see all the detailed information about the selected item, such as account, contact or request. Information in the summary view is divided into different categories. A quick links navigation panel is on the right. To open a summary page, click the Subject or Name of the item in data table.
Summary page top toolbar consists of actions such as:
- Edit which lets you edit different fields.
- Create New brings down a dropdown menu to create a new or other related items. Values are inherited to the new item.
- Export PDF for exporting the contents of the summary page.
A navigation panel on the right enables you to quickly navigate in the summary page by categories. It shows your current location and is especially helpful in long summaries. This panel is shown only when the screen size is big enough (e.g. desktops).
Categories in the summary page vary between modules but some general categories are:
- General information
- Other information
- Related to
- Change history
Category related actions
In addition to informative fields, summary page enables actions for sending emails and create new sub items such as opportunity items.
Data table (list view)
When navigating to a certain module such as accounts, contacts, requests or opportunities, you can see all the related information at data table. In the data table, it is possible to show relevant information according to different filters and modify the columns shown. By clicking, for example an account name on the account data table, it takes you to the summary page of the selected account. Clicking other links on the row takes you to the corresponding module.
Common actions in the top toolbar are:
- New for creating a new item in the form view.
- Delete for deleting selected item.
- Reset for resetting filters or sorting.
- Export to MS Excel for exporting data table in .xls format.
- Add and remove colums for adding and removing the columns shown in the data table.
- Show filters, which is always on the far right and reveals the filter section.
Note: Other actions may be shown on the top bar in addition to those mentioned depending on the data table.
Free text search is on top of the other filters. If your search gives no results, you can either reset the filters or create a new item with the given information by clicking the links shown.
Filter section opens on the right side of the list view and shows all the filters that can be applied to search for certain information. In addition to free text search, filters contain select fields. The previously used filter setting is stored in the browser and is shown when you use filters for the next time.
Table contains a header row and data table items on their own rows. Each row has their own icons providing information and enabling actions. It is possible to toggle the datatable view between compact and comfortable mode by clicking the icon below the filters switch.
Data table icons include:
- Pencil icon for editing the item.
- Attachment icon if item contains attachments.
- Email icon if the item contains emails.
- Description icon if the item contains a description.
Data on the data table can be sorted by clicking the corresponding column name. On the top right above the data table is the pagination which is created if all the rows cannot fit on the same view or if a smaller row amount has been selected.