How to create a new project from a sales order
- Go to Sales & Marketing > Sales orders.
- Edit a sales order either by:
- Click on the sales order and in the summary page click Edit or
- Click the pencil icon of the sales order you want to edit.
- Change Status to Ordered or Confirmed.
- Click Save and in the pop-up window click Yes.
- In the dialog window, select correct information for the fields.
- Click Create a New Project And Save The Sales Order.
- You will be returned to the sales order summary page.
Note: Project creation requires specific access rights. In a new project, values are inherited from the sales order. Cancelling the project creation will mean that the Sales order still requires a project related to it before any revenues can be created (and hence bill the customer). To rectify this later return to edit the Sales order and add an existing project or simply click ‘Save’ to enter the create project wizard again.